Try to eat just one of these. I dare you. With just three ingredients, they’re so easy.
Oh…My…Goodness. These Oreo truffles are so amazing. These are some of the words I heard: “I don’t even like truffles, but these are amazing,” “I don’t even like Oreos, but I could eat all of those,” “I only let myself eat two things, and I definitely made the right choice,” “This was my last bite, and I’m so glad it was.” Seriously. So good. So easy. Three ingredients. That’s it. I had heard about Oreo truffles and found the recipe on the Kraft website. Now, I share it with you. This was one of the desserts we made for a dessert baby shower I hosted last week. This is just in time for Valentine’s day!
Easy Hand-Dipped Oreo Truffles
36 Oreos, finely crushed (I do mine in a food processor)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
16 oz BAKER’s semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1. Reserve 1/4 cup of the crushed Oreos.
2. Combine cream cheese and remaining crushed Oreos until completely combined.
3. Roll into 48 (1 inch) balls. I used a melon baller to try and regulate the size.
4. Melt the chocolate. Place unwrapped chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Mine didn’t take 2 1/2 minutes to melt, so if it’s all melted, you can stop.
5. Drop the balls (I did one or two at a time) into the melted chocolate. I used a spoon to cover the balls, roll them in the chocolate and scoop them out. I placed them on waxed paper.
6. Once you have done all the balls, sprinkle the top with reserved cookie crumbs.
7. Refrigerate 1 hour until firm.
8. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
I am linking at: http://orgjunkie.com/2013/02/menu-plan-monday-feb-413.html