5) Self Regulate Coveting – You may need to cut it out completely (my sister chose to do this for this reason) or limit what you will allow yourself to pin and dwell on in regards to things that take a higher priority than they should in your thoughts.
Day #287 – Thoughts on Pinterest
October 14, 2012 by 2 Comments
I love Pinterest. I get ideas from Pinterest. It inspires me. However, I also know it can be a big trap. People waste away a lot of time there. I know the temptation. I also understand it can be unhealthy to covet after things or begin comparing myself to what I find there. After talking to some women about the lure of Pinterest, I wanted to pour our some good guidelines to follow:
1) Limit Time (5-15 minutes a day)
2) Limit Number of Pins (I’ll be done looking after five pins)
3) Don’t Do it When You Should be Paying Attention to Your Kids or Husband
4) Follow Through on Doing Some of Your Pins
6) Browse Ideas with Your Kids – Search kids crafts or activities and let them choose what looks fun to them.
7) Ask yourself, “Does this honor God? My spouse? My family?”
Like a lot of things on the internet, there can be a ton of value in what it has to offer. Keeping yourself in check is the most important part as your regulate yourself on things like Pinterest.