2. “Bubble Gum” Rhyme - Kids love rhymes and songs. Pass the bean bag to this rhyme: “Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum in a Dish. How many pieces do you wish?” Whoever it lands on gets to say how many pieces and then you keep passing that many times. Start the rhyme over again. Although this was the most boring for me, it was their favorite activity with the bean bags.
3. Bean Bag Catch - Give one child a cup or a little pot like the one pictured above. Let the other child toss it. They need to work together as a team to try and catch as many as they can.
4. Bean Bag Relays - Have them balance the bean bag on a body part and race to the finish. Yes, it’s OK that only one of them can win. They can balance on their head, arm, back, back of their hand or shoulder.
5. Bean Bag Balance - This is a test to see who can balance on a body part the longest (chest, head, arm, food, cheek, back of hand or face).
6. Bean Bag Basketball - This is a toss game where they take turns trying to get the bean bag in the bucket. You can vary the position starting point based on the child’s age to make it fair.
7. Bean Bag Music Freeze - Play music. Let them dance or throw the bean bags while the music is going. When the music stops, they need to freeze.
8. Bean Bag Obstacle Balance - I didn’t get a great picture of this, but you have the kids walking a line made of string. You also put obstacles they need to step over or touch (taller things along the side like a t-ball base or an upside down bucket) along the way. The goal is the get to the end of the string without having the bean bag fall. You could also draw a chalk line they need to follow.
9. Bean Bag Endurance Activities - This one will keep them busy for a while. Put one pile of bean bags as one end of the yard. They need to move bean bags across the yard one at a time. They need to do it at your command, so when they pick up a bean bag, you get to yell out whether they should run, skip, hop, leap, gallop, crawl, etc.
10. Hide the Beanbag – Take turns hiding the bean bag and then having the others go and search for it.