Once a month we make cookies for church. This month I decided to try these cookies I found on Pinterest. I know I gave you our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Those are amazing, but I have to admit that I think they’ve been trumped. These cookies are AMAZING. If you’ve been following, you’ll know I give honest reviews of new recipes I try. These really will impress. I found the recipe at Key Ingredients. The kids always have fun helping me make cookies, although I do believe part of the appeal is just licking the beaters at the end. Also, if you love Rolos, you’ll have to try out my Rolo S’More Bars. Delicious!
|1½||cups unsalted butter; softened|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
|1||cup packed brown sugar|
|3¾||cup all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking soda|
|1||teaspoon kosher salt|
|2||cups semisweet chocolate chips|
|¾||cup chopped pecans, optional|
|50||Rolos; frozen at least 2 hours
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in chocolate chips and pecans.
2. Measure dough using a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tablespoons). Roll into a ball and then flatten in the palm of your hands.
3. Place a frozen Rolo in the centers of the flattened dough balls and form dough back into a ball around the Rolo.
4. Place Rolo stuffed dough balls into the freezer for 15-20 minutes before baking.
5. On cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, place dough balls 2 inches apart.