- 2 cups shortening
- 8 cups confectioner’s sugar (sifted for best results)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and 6 ounces whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional 2 ounces whipping cream if necessary. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
A helpful tip is to transfer your batter to a measuring cup so that it’s easier to pour.
For added deliciousness, add a Rolo to your batter.