“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
I got this idea off of Ministry to Children. I cut out eight hearts and wrote Bible verses from 1 John on them. Here is a list of the verses I used:
- 1 John 4:8: Whoever does not LOVE does not know GOD, because GOD is LOVE.
- 1 John 4:9: This is how GOD showed his LOVE among us: He sent his one and only SON into the world that we might live through him.
- 1 John 4:10: This is LOVE: not that we loved GOD, but that he loved us and sent his SON as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
- 1 John 4:12: No one has ever seen GOD; but if we LOVE one another, GOD lives in us and his LOVE is made complete in us.
- 1 John 4:16b: GOD is LOVE. Whoever lives in LOVE lives in GOD and GOD in him.
- 1 John 4:19: We LOVE because he [God] first loved us
- 1 John 5:2: This is how we know that we are children of GOD: by LOVING GOD and carrying out his commands.
- 1 John 5:3: This is LOVE for GOD: to obey his commands.
Then, I hid the hearts around the room while the kids were in the other room. Next, they were able to come and find the hearts. When they found one, they’d bring it to me, and I’d read it to them. After we played it once, they wanted to keep going. They kept hiding them for each other.